dimanche 21 juillet 2013

I will Write a Book

   

book

    This is a fairly common statement, but I hope that very few people, relatively speaking, in fact, make the attempt. No wonder really, I mean, the idea of ​​writing a book seems so easy, you sit down with pen processor or typewriter or word or ipad or desires, a blank sheet and your imagination and start to write - right?

    Well, it could, and some great writers have done, I think it all depends on what kind of book you want to write? The fact is that most of the books require a degree of preparation and this can be very frustrating when you are full of creative energy. The easy answer, at least for me, was to deliver the creative mind first. I did it because I took the first piece of wisdom that I found when I decided to write a book, which is: once you've finished writing your book, re-write!

    This is a very valuable piece of advice!

    So I wrote my book, at least the skeleton of it. I chose for my historical fiction genre, but he created the historical period of the story was that I knew very little. How did this happen? Well, I came to York with my wife one day, we like to visit York and passed through Stamford Bridge as usual when traveling on the A1079 towards Hull. I had recently seen the movie '300 ', more biased account of the battle of Thermopylae between Greece and Persia, and since I thought that there must be a similar event in British military history. Seeing the traffic signal Stamford Bridge took me to remember the depths of my memory that King Harold defeated the greatest army ever set foot Viking in England, in the same place. This was my starting point book .

    I read a comment the author Bernard Cornwell should not let historical facts in the way of a good story. I agree with this point of view in a reasonable degree, is that history is not written in stone. So I wrote my book as a story first, and then studied the period of 1066 and plunged into what many refer to incorrectly as "dark ages". Once armed with a wealth of detail and understanding of events for dates rewrote my book.

    Now, let me say on behalf of someone else there who said he will write a book one day, which is hard work! Implemented in writing and research and re-write between the demands of work and family life, not to mention major surgery is not easy. It really does not matter what kind of book you write, you need a certain amount of research. In historical fiction, there are many research needs. But it was fun! Should be fun. If it is fun then maybe you are in the wrong place.book  Of course, it can be boring at times, confusing, but the different sources are contradictory, frustrating when you can not reconcile the same facts, but it was when I applied the principle of Bernard Cornwell, did the dark or questionable fact as my story instead of backwards!

    Like many things in life, he wrote was - is - a trip, and this blog will illustrate some of the most interesting places on the way ... Well, at least I hope that readers find interesting anyway.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire